Ray Zimmer Heritage Society
The Ray Zimmer Heritage Society honors your foresight and generosity when you include the Foundation in your estate plans.
Members of the Society are caring visionaries, who, like many who have come before, want to benefit the next generation. Members of the Ray Zimmer Heritage Society will find that carefully planned gifts to the Foundation will:
Ensure that personal assets, otherwise lost to estate and income taxes, will provide a legacy in perpetuity to the community and a lasting memorial to their values and interests
Reduce income and estate tax burdens
Creating a Legacy in Eight Simple Steps
- Ask your professional advisor to discuss charitable giving benefits as part of your estate planning.
- In your will, list a specific dollar amount or identify a percentage of your assets as a gift to the Albuquerque Community Foundation.
- Name a gift in your will to the Albuquerque Community Foundation for the benefit of charitable organizations of your choice.
- Consider using appreciated stock as your charitable gift.
- Name the Foundation as the beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan.
- Buy a new insurance policy naming the Foundation as the owner and beneficiary or name the Foundation as the beneficiary of an existing policy.
- Acknowledge your deceased loved one with a memorial fund benefiting a specific nonprofit or in the area of their interest.
- Encourage family and friends to consider a charitable gift in their own wills.
Donors who have included the Foundation in their estate plans or have created a life income gift to benefit the Foundation qualify to become a member of our Heritage Society and will be included in all Foundation activities.
If you have already named the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will, qualified retirement plan, life insurance policy, trusts or pooled life income funds, please contact our office at 505.883.6240, so that we may appropriately recognize you to ensure your wishes are met.
Read the personal story of one of our Heritage Society members >>