Mr. Julio de Marco Avila, Ms. Danae Maes &
Ms. Mikayla Olson
Established by the Kiwanis Club of Albuquerque, this program recognizes students with a strong history of community service.
One to four awards up to $1,000 will be given annually.
Applicants should be a graduating senior with strong community service experience and strong academics from an Albuquerque metro area high school (includes Bernalillo, Sandoval Valencia and Torrance Counties).
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Minimum ACT composite score of 23
- Attend a college or university with a preference for New Mexico colleges - 2-year or 4-year - nonprofit or public educational institute full time
Additional Information to include in your personal essay:
- The importance of community service
- Your career goals - preference will be given to those students who plan a career in early childhood development and/or teaching in New Mexico
- Statement of your financial need
Additional required attachments
- Reference from one counselor or teacher (1 page, 1 side ONLY)
- Reference from someone with knowledge of your community service participation
For the 2017 Application - Apply Online
Application Deadline: CLOSED