Family philanthropy fosters a tradition of giving back to our community.
A “family” may include:
Nieces and nephews
Grandparents and grandchildren
What are the benefits of family giving?
- Working with other family members to make a difference in our community
- Instilling a culture of giving in the next generation
- Enhancing your charitable giving with new energy and ideas
- Deepening family connections by solving problems and learning about critical issues facing our community
- Strengthening a family legacy of compassion
- Building bridges between your family and the outside world
Family-advised Funds pass along philanthropy to the next generation. Engage your children and grandchildren by involving them in identifying organizations your family wishes to support. Encourage your family to make personal donations to the fund.
As children grow so do their interests. A Family-Advised Fund gives you the flexibility to change along with your family’s interests.
A Family-advised Fund may be established with a minimum $25,000 contribution that can be grown over 5 years.
Once you meet the minimum and your fund is established, you can continue to add to it anytime, receiving tax benefits with each new gift.
Read the personal story of one of our Family-Advised Fund »