Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5pm
Mr. Sam Robinson, Mr. Lydell Shetima and Mr. Rodney Stubblefield
This fund was established in 2007 by The Stocker Foundation, in memory of David R. Woodling, to support students attending an accredited nonprofit or public educational institution in pursuit of a CERTIFICATE OR DEGREE IN A METALS TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM with a concentration in machine tool technology and welding.
The Stocker Foundation believes the future of New Mexico and the country is dependent on the quality of education. To that end, several awards will be made annually to support undergraduate students. Applicants may be graduating high school seniors, current undergraduate college students or they may be pursuing or have received a GED diploma or certificate. Awards may be used for tuition, fees, books, and/or required tools and materials.
Awards will be made for undergraduate studies.
One to two awards up to $4,600 will be given annually.
You may qualify to apply for this financial aid award if you are:
- a legal resident of New Mexico for a minimum of one year AND
- a high school senior graduating in the spring of 2017 with a 2.5 GPA or receiving your GED diploma or certificate OR
- an undergraduate college student currently pursuing a Certificate or Degree in Metals Technology OR
- are a nontraditional student with a high school diploma or GED certificate accepted into a Metals Technology Program AND
- Will attend an accredited nonprofit or public educational institution pursuing an Associates of Applied Science Degree in Metals Technology during the 2017-18 school year
- Students may attend college full-time or part-time
Additional required information and/or attachments:
- Your personal essay/statement should clearly describe your career goals and MUST include relevant experience, why you have chosen this field of study, and how you plan to use these skills to better yourself, your family and community; pictures of previous work may be included.
- Letters of reference: one or more from a teacher, counselor, mentor or community member.
For the 2017 Application - Apply Online
Application Deadline: Friday, June 9, 2017 at 5pm